Saturday, February 5, 2011

Crop Out Diabetes!!

Hi!! Okay, so hopefully this isn't my last post for a while, I felt like I had my mojo back tonight while I was making this scrap layout, even though I still have yet to receive anything that I have ordered!! Anyways, my goal was to complete all of the challenges that were in the COD (crop out diabetes), somehow I managed to complete them all!! yay!!! ha ha ha...this is the last challenge that I needed to complete for the Crop out Diabetes challenge blog hop. I know it's a bit late to be doing the challenges, but there is plenty of time to be donating to such a great cause!! Please go and check it out, and donate if you can!! This will be entered at Scrapality's blog. Her challenge was to create a monochromatic layout for someone with diabetes. My mother has diabetes, and this is a layout that is for her "grandma's brag book" scrapbook. Every now and then I mail off a page or two for her scrapbook (she lives in arizona, and I in canada), so it's a nice surprise for her whenever she gets these!! Anyways, I chose pink (and of course white as well) because the layout is going to feature my daughter, and of course it will have my mom as well...it is going to have photos from my mom's recent visit here over new years!



(I know the stamp is unreadable, it is "Happiness walks on busy feet" by stampology...adorable but unfortunately i chose the wrong embossing powder, sorry, plus a bad photo doesn't help I guess...i tried...!!)
Recipe: DCWV and recollections cardstock, bazzill flower pots in pink and white shimmer, prima large flowers (white one), misc brads and jewel, Create a Critter cartridge for hearts and zebra, stampology stamps "happiness walks on busy feet," Ranger magenta embossing powder, pink ribbon and pink flower lace. I'm not sure what kind of paper the background is, I can't really remember.
In retro spect I would have embossed with a different pink, as it is really hard to see the magenta on the background (not so bad in person, but in the photo it is terrible and it is such a cute stamp!!)
Anyways, I'm pretty happy with it, and once I get some photos on it from my mom's recent visit home it will look even better, and I know my mom will love it!! thanks for looking and have a great night!!
Brenna
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Hi Brenna, thank you for coming by and joining me. I appreciate your sweet comments. I love your blog too and im your newest follower! 8)
    Will be having a few more giveaways on Mon so make sure you stop by.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new blogger and follower. Check out my blog and follow me too. Excited to meet awesome ladies here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty layout! I LOVE pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, I'm now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brenna, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!! I hope you got a chance to enter my monthly giveaway too:) Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout! Just a quick note to say thank you for stopping by my blog this weekend and for the kind comment! I'm your newest follower. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Brenna. I just wanted leave you a comment here and tell you how much I love your lo. Love the colors and all the detail. I recieved your e-mail and wrote back to you. Since I did not hear from you I wrote you a second quick e-mail tonight. I am thinking they may have gone into your spam folder so make sure you check okay.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brenna, Glad that you have some mojo back! Your page is beautiful and what a good idea and for a great cause.
    thanks for stopping by today with your sweet comments.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brenna thank you for dropping by and becoming a follower i in return am now following you. Good luck with my giveaway :)Victoria

    ReplyDelete