Sunday, August 19, 2012

Scentsational Christmas

Hello! 

I'm back with another card using the stamp set Scentsational Season! I just love this set, and the coordinating framelits make it just that much better!!  I am going to submit this in the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.  I love getting my inspiration from sketches!  I can pick my stamp set/style of card I want to make, then my colours and go with it.  Half the job is done for me!  But this is such a cute sketch!  Lots of embossing on this card.  I love to add texture!  Check it out:
Recipe
Stamps: Scentsational Season.
Ink: Real Red, Gumball Green, Chocolate Chip.
Cardstock: Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Raspberry Ripple, Real Red, Be of Good Cheer DSP. 
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Snips, Simply Scored, Snow Burst EF (retired), Fancy Fan EF, Holiday Collection Framelits, SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals.

I didn't heat emboss the images, but I think I will have my ladies (at the stamp-a-stack) heat emboss this with the peppermint sticks embossing powder.  It just adds a major wow factor, and smells soo good.  When you open the envelope you can smell the peppermint! Not only does it give it a great smell, but it also glosses up the mugs a little bit.  I also used my paper snips (one side of them, used like a craft knife) to cut a slit in the mugs to slip the straight end of the candy cane in the mug.  Thanks for checking me otu today!  Be sure to check out some of the other projects at Freshly Made Sketches for some inspiration!!

Brenna

Submitted at: Freshly Made Sketches: # 48


 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card .... I love your textured panels and great colours!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! It makes me look forward to those cold crisp days and hot chocolate by the fire! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Brenna! I totally love those little mugs! I think they would be great with a peppermint scent - too bad there wasn't chocolate!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete