Thursday, September 13, 2012

Baby Crazy!!

Hello,

I'm back with a new creation.  I have had a bunch of friends have baby boys lately...so I have been on a boy baby card making binge.  it figures since my family seems to be unable to produce boys.  My dad has three girls (myself and two sisters) My sister has two daughters, and I also have two daughters.  My dad has been the lone male for a long time, and it doesn't look like the trend is going to break, not soon that's for sure!  ha ha ha...  Anyways, I made this for the friday mashup last week...but I was away over the weekend and just have been crazy busy trying to catch up with everything, and I didn't get a chance to post it to the linky-doo...darn!  ha ha...oh well, such is life, if that is the worst of things, i've got not much to complain about!!  Anyways...this card is a direct case from a card that I saw on stampin' connection!  thanks for checkin me out!  If you need any details about how i did anything, just drop me a line.
 
Closed View: 
(I did the inside a little bit, you can't tell but I put some more of the embossed hearts on the inside of the card just above the edgelit.)
 A tip when using the pleated satin ribbon (which is now retired) but it doesn't fold nicely underneath other layers becuase it is so thick.  So it is easier to cut it.  but instead of having it fray, which annoys me, I just use my heat tool and melt the edges of the ribbon (the two ends that you cut) just a touch, so that they can't fray. 
Front Detail:
(Tip- to get the hand a nice light gray stamp off on a scrap piece of paper and then without reinking stamp on your actual paper.  that way you get a nice shadow background effect.)
 Open View of Front of Card:
Showcases the edgelits with the accompanying adorning accents embossing folders.  They look soo good together.  A tip when using the edgelits with the embossing folders - always cut first then emboss, if you emboss first the distortion in the paper from embossing will make it difficult if not impossible to match up the edge perfectly (to get en even distance bettwen edge and embossed area)...if you are a little obssessive about stuff like that (like I am) then it'll bug you!!  Also when doing a double edge with the edgelits - you'll want to cut them together, (the baja breeze DSP and the basic gray) so that they are the same edge also!
Recipe:
Stamps: Baby Prints, Fabulous Phrases, Sweetly Said (retired)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Naturals White, Baja Breeze, Subtles DSP.
Tools & Accesssories: SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Paper Snips, Big Shot, Heat Tool, Fashionable Hearts embosslit, 2 3/8" Scallopped Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Adornind Accents Edgelits, Adorning Accents Embossing Folders, White Bakers Twine, Neutrals Buttons, baja Breeze Pleated Satin Ribbon (retired).
 
I'm super happy with this card, It is sooo cute!!  I just love it!!  anyways...thanks for checking me out again today!!
 
Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment