Saturday, September 29, 2012

Scrapbook Club # 4

well hello, not a card today!  I love my scrapbook club!  It forces me to sit down and really do the things that I love to do and stay up to date on my kids books!!  This si special to me, and I know that one day these books will be special to my daughters!!  I love to share them with whoever will look at them!
This is the layout that I did for September.  I just love the new Wonderfall set with the coordinating bigz die (autumn accents)!  you can do so mcuh with the fabulous stamps and die!
Closeup of the subtle "everyday" in the bottom corner.:
Closeup of one of the leaf bundles and burlap: 
 
Recipe:
Stamps: Wonderfall, Sweet Shoppe Alphabet Lower (retired)
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Raspberry Ripple, Early Espresso.
Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Raspberry Ripple, Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP, First Edition DSP.
Accessories: 7/8" Natural Cotton Ribbon, Brushed Bronze Designer Buttons, Burlap (non SU), Hemp Twine, Mini Silver Brads.
Tools: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz Die, Typeset Alphabet, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Sizzlit, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Crystal Effects, Stampin Dimensionals, SNAIL, Sticky Strip, 2-way Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Stampin Sponges, Houndstooth EF, Spiderweb EF,Square Lattice EF, Chevron EF, Stampin' Piercer, Stampin Pierce Mat.
 
I love love love this layout.  This is my favorite layout that I have made for my scrap club so far.  It is also the most work!!  ha ha ha..It is intense with all the sponging and tediousness of getting all the letters on!  But, I think the final product is soo worth the effort!  I just love the richness of the colours!  The colours are soo rich, and vivd, they are totally fall!  The orchard harvest product suite is such a beautiful product suite.  And I love how it coordinates with the autumn accents die so beautifully!  You could really go to town with sponging and make your leaves all sort of different colours!!
My other favorite thing about this layout is the title.  I don't even know how I came up with it, but I think it is soo adorable, and speaks volumes to how I feel about my kids!  It definately is more in love everyday! 
Another thing I love about this layout is the burlap.  I have never worked with burlap before, but I love it!  It is easy to work with!  It adds a beautiful texture to the layout and an extra dimension of fall!  I'm not sure how most people adhere burlap to cardsock.  But I decided on using crystal effects.  I frayed the edges to what I thought was a good amount (you can do as much or little as you want), and then I put some sticky strip on the back of the burlap strip and placed it on my cardstock where I wanted it.  Since I placed my burlap across two pages, I then separated the two segments, cutting at the edge of the cardstock.  Then, I put crystal effects on top of the burlap around the border of it and pushed it down so that it touched the cardstock also.  That way it would help adhere to cardstock and also prevent further fraying of the burlap!  The sticky strip was just insurance.  It is highly unlikely that it would fall off anyways, becuase it was also mostly covered, but I wanted to be sure!!
 
Anyways, thanks for checking me out again!! 
 
Brenna

Submitted AT: Friday Mashup - Let's Get Twiney & Fall Leaves

3 comments:

  1. Very nice layout, love the groups of leaves.

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, and I love all the elements and texture. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing layout! I'm sure it will look fabulous with the photos added! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete