Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sew Crazy for Friday Mash-Up

Hi All,
 
The challenge at Friday Mash-up was to create something with sewing, or...a back to school theme!  I chose to share my sewing in a recent project that I did.  A while ago I found an awesome tutorial on how to make a storage case for the stampin pierce pad, paper piercer and the paper piercing templates (hopefull Stampin' Up! comes out with some more of these, I just love love love the templates!)  Anyways, I was a bit intimidated to make this, but decided that I had some fabric and I needed a practical way to store these items anyways...sooo...I gave it a whirl!  Let me first say that...I don't have a rotary cutter or self healing mat (big enough to cut fabric on)...so I made do with what I had, and am soo pleased with how the cutting phase turned out!  I used my Stampin' Up! Tabletop Cutter!!  It worked perfectly!  I ruled out where I wanted to cut and just moved the fabric along the lines!  It was soo easy!  and perfectly straight lines!  It was of course a bit more tedious than using a rotary cutter, but it worked out perfectly without the extra spending!
So I made this with the Stampin' Up! Spice Cake designer fabric.  The Spice Cake product suite, which came out in the last holiday mini is soo awesome.  I love how the colours go together.  Pool party seems to go soo well with more mustard and soft suede.  This is one of my favorite product suites of all time.  I am hoarding some of the paper and had been hanging onto this fabric...until now!  ha ha ha...anyways, this is my stampin piercing product storage solution!


 
Recipe:
Accessories: Spice Cake Designer Fabric, Pool Party 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Pool Party Bakers Twine, Spice Cake Designer Buttons (retired), Bone Folder.
Non SU: Fusible Interfacing, Sewing Machine, Hand Sewing Needle (to sew the button on the front: not sure what the technical name is), Iron.
 
If you have any questions or would like a tutorial please email me!  I will put one together for you!  Thanks for checking me out.  I just love how this has worked out for my storage!  I was inspired to do some "pinteresting" for another sewing project...I will share it in the next week or so!  Thanks for checking me out today!!
 
Brenna
 
Submitted at: Friday Mash-Up 75: Sew Crazy/Back To School
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing. Love it! You are so crafty.

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I totally need one of those! I wish I had a clue how to sew. :) Great project! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete