Saturday, January 22, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch 99, Crafting with Cristina

First of all, I want to start out by saying that I was hanging out today and doing Kinderstampo's blog hop.  What an amazing blog hop.  There are 40 designers with different birthday themed projects.  What an inspiration they all are!!  When I say hanging out, I meant that during my daughters naps I would get online and see how many blogs I could check out and all their amazing projects!!  There is a lot of great ideas and new techniques for me that is for sure!!  There is also a lot of blog candy involved also and when you look at the blogs tons of challenges and other ideas for your own projects.  That is my favorite part of this.  I am learning all sorts of things I had no idea about.  One particularly awesome blog candy is over at Elsa's Blog (cricutlvr.blogspot.com/), she is giving away a happy hauntings cricut cartridge for her birthday!  Not very many people give gifts on their own birthdays!! 
Anyways, as I was blog hopping today I happened upon a challenge that I am really excited to be partaking in.  The challenge was to create something in which you only used black white and gray (you were allowed to switch grey for silver if you wanted to, which I promptly did).  This is challenege #15 at Crafting with Cristina.  Below is the project that I created for it.  Hope you enjoy it!  I enjoyed making it anyways!!

Recipe: Me and My Big Ideas Specialty Cardstock in B&W as card base, recollections black cardstock, DCWV Glitter cardstock white and silver, Snowflake Stamps (don't have the packaging anymore so I dont' know what brand they are), tsukineko silver embossing powder, Black Ribbon, Threading water fiskars border punch, two recollections black glitter brads, White pigment ink to edge the black circle.
I again was able to make one project qualify for two challenges!  That is exciting!!  This also followed Card Patterns Sketch 99.  I know I have only been blogging for a few days...ha ha ha (it sounds funny to say days), but I love card Patterns ketch challenges, they are so fun!  Anyways, so I know winter is sort of "petering out" (for some of us), but I love that the stamp relates winter to spring.  This is a really cute stamp and is so versatile.  Anyways, I am off for tonight!!  Had a lot of fun doing the blog hop!! 
Brenna
p.s I wish you could tell that the white and the grey looking paper is glitter paper...hmmmm...

5 comments:

  1. I love that black and white and such a nice sentiment. TFP at cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome sentiment! This card looks amazing.

    Thanks for joining us at CWC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Love the sentiment and the border!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting with Cristina! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty...great classic color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! I love the b&w color combo. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

    Please be sure next time to link to your exact post. The link would look like this:
    http://brennasblitherings.blogspot.com/2011/01/card-patterns-sketch-99-crafting-with.html

    ReplyDelete