Friday, January 28, 2011

Wacky Wednesday, Creative Cutter Room, Crop out for a Cure

So I have a new project, and for the first time it isn't a card or a scrapbooking layout!! It is a treat bag topper! yay! My daughter is starting at her day home next tuesday, and well valentines day is a time for kids to enjoy some sweets. Now Paisley hasn't had much sweets...actually none, no ice cream, no cake, no candies nothing...so her first birthday will be the first time that she will have had any artificial sugars! wow...I don't think that I could go a year anymore!! ha ha ha. anyways, since I'm not sure what the other parents will think of giving their kids a bunch of sugar and also I don't want to give my daughter a ton of sugar, I am going to make some cookies from a recipe that my friend gave me. She is diabetic and they are "sugarless" cookies! But she promises that they are awesome!!! Oatmeal Spice Cookies. So we'll see. anyways, back to my topper, I made it also to submit to More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday Challenge which was to use only brown green and pink. I am also going to submit it to Creative Cutter Room's Challenge which was Love Bug themed. So without further ado...my toppers!


Recipe: Stretch Your Imaginations Cartridge Cricket cut at 2", Create a Critter Cartridge Love Bug Phrase at 2 1/4" I also used the leyer of the love bug for the heart eyes (I cut it at 2 inches without real dial size on), Pink brown and green recollections cardstock, spotty ribbon from michaels.

Oh yeah, and If you're interested, this is the recipe for my girlfriends cookies:
Diabetic Spice Oatmeal Cookies
1 c. water
2 c. raisins
4 tbsp sweetner
½ c butter
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp allspice
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp soda
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 ½ c oatmeal
½ c chopped nuts
Boil water and raisins. Cool for 5 minutes. Add all the other ingredients. Form into balls and bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.

So I think i'll put four or five cookies in each ziploc for the kiddos. I'm not really excited for Paisley to go to Dayhome (more like I cray when I think about it), but heck it's been a year now!! Thank god for Canadian Maternity Leave!! However, I'm ready to get back out there in the work world too!
Also, part of my inspiration for making the diabetic cookies came from the Diabetes crop out for the cure!  It is part of a challenge, to make sweet free valentine for kids.  The blog hop is going on right now till February 5th. Please go and check it out, make a donation and join in the fun. It's only five dollars to participate in the blog hop and all the challenges along the way. You will also be eligible for all the awesome prizes along the way! A really fun way to raise some money for a really worthwhile cause! Alright well that's all for me tonight! Have a scraptaculous evening!!
Brenna
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Very cute-I have had the diabetic spiced oatmeal cookies and they are delicious! Have a great party and thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Cutter-Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great topper! Love the cutie cricket! Have a super fun time! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter Room! Good Luck in the challenge! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet topper. Big hugs on sending your baby girl to Day Care. A big step for her and you. I am a stay at home and work part time....my baby is in preschool this year. This is my 4th and it is so sad that my babies are all growing up so fast. You will both do fine and appreciate the time you have together even more!

    Thanks for participating in the Crop out Diabetes Blog Hop and supporting a very good cause!

    Sara - Crop out Diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable!! I'm sure the kids will love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Valentine topper, love the bug with his heart shaped eyes! Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate your comment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bug! It is so cute! Thanks for joining the Creativecutter.org challenge!
    DT Member Mollie

    ReplyDelete