Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spring Sunshine: Will it ever come?

Okay, so here I am on a cold sunday morning and it is -20 C and we have had about 15cm of snow in the last 48hrs! Ahh!! That was following about a week of +11C weather!! ha ha ha. how cruel is mother nature to give you a taste of whats to come and then right back to cold! Anyways, so I made this layout to try to catch up with some stuff from my daughters earlier months and also to remind me that the nice weather does come. It was inspired by some challenges that are involved with the crop out for a cure for Diabetes. One of the challenges was to create something that celebrates spring.  And the other challenge was to create something about someone that inspires you.  So I created it for my daughter because she has inspired me to remember to stay young at heart, and to always laugh and be happy. 
Again, go and check the crop for a cure out. It's all for a great cause and there are some great prizes available!! So anyways, this is my layout, and I already put pictures of my daughter on it as I had them around...I love it when my to do scrapbooking list goes down! ha ha ha...also, beware this is a picture heavy post!!!  But I wanted to show closeups of all the elements that I put on it!  The two journaling spaces are the only thing that I have to do still.
So here is my double page layout!
Together:

Page One:



Page Two:



(Sorry this last one is a bit blurry, but it is a cardstock sticker with a few rub-ons and glitter brads on it.)
Recipe: Create a Critter Cartridge, I'm not sure what the background paper is anymore, I got it in an ebay lat...sorry, DCWV Carstock, DCWV Glitter Cardstock, old rub-ons not sure of brand (bird and "adore"), glitter brads, corduroy brads, bling, velvet brads, prima flowers, turquoise ranger embossing powder, ranger antiquities rose quartz, tanzanite, and ocher embossing powder, creative imaginations chipboard stickers, doodlebug designs cardstock stickers, kaiser crafts yellow pearls, eyelet outlet tulip brads, butterfly and flower stamps (not sure of brand), inkadinkadoo flourish stamps, cuttlebug embossing folder birds and swirls.
So there it is, thanks for looking. I'm about to go swimming with my family! yay!! Have a great day and hope your weather is nicer than it is here!! Thanks for looking!
Brenna
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! They do keep us young! Thanks for joining in on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lay-out, I won't be really thinking spring after we get another 18inched of snow dropped here in southern Maine tonight :) I'm off to check more of your blog. Your altered box is very pretty too. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breanna your name was chosen for winning the Chomas Creations micro Sharpie holder! Email me at amyc222@yahoo.com with your address! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete